Typical Roles Needed Include:
- Tournament Chairman- the person with the vision. Expected to lead and provide guidance to the golf tournament.
- Honorary Chairman- Someone well known in the community to help draw golfers.
- Vice Chairman, Sponsors- someone who can focus on getting sponsors for the event.
- Vice Chairman, Event planning-
- Vice Chairman, Awards and Prizes- this person will be in charge of getting awards and giveaways to not only the golfers but to the sponsors as well.
The committee chairman and the committee people will come from a variety of places, make sure they understand the objective and their place in the big picture. These people will be volunteering and should be recognized as such. Time is worth it's weight in gold and these people are as much as sponsor as the monetary donors, make sure they are recognized for it.
If you thought this tip was useful and have something to add or a question leave it in the comments and I will answer best I can. More tips to follow!